Sunday, October 1, 2 pm.
@ Historic 1828 Seaman’s Church
A National Register Historic Landmark
26 Middle Street, Eastport
All community members are invited to attend
The Mariner’s Memorial observance is a joint effort of the U.S. Coast Guard Station
Eastport, the Tides Institute & Museum of Art, City of Eastport, Quoddy Pilots, and the
Greater Eastport Ecumenical Churches Association.
The Seaman’s Church building has served those who love the sea since 1828 and is owned by the Tides
Institute & Museum of Art. The Congregational Church congregation continues to meet at the building.
The building has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1976 and is considered one
of the finer federal period church buildings in rural Maine